The Live Longer Better Revolution continues to gather pace and we were delighted to have over 250 colleagues register to attend our latest national event, Reducing the need for Health and Social Care – How Live Longer Better can do it! Colleagues attending represented a variety of sectors including health, Age UK, housing, local government, Age UK and leisure providers.
The programme included some excellent speakers, presenting the latest national research as well as some local examples of how organisations are supporting people to become more active and live longer better. The event reinforced the power of how working cohesively together, we can be united in our mission to drive on the Live Longer Better revolution!
The speakers and content included:
- A preview of the new Make Your Move Videos, a series of physical activity videos from the charities behind We Are Undefeatable
- Aging well creates live longer better, Sir Muir Gray
- PHE presented the latest insight on the Wider Impacts of COVID-19 on physical activity, deconditioning and falls in older adult.
- The Centre for Ageing Better presented their latest research ‘Keep on Moving: Inactivity approaching later live’
- A presentation by Hertfordshire Independent Living Service, ‘It’s Never Too Late to Get Active’, demonstrating the impact of activity on their older clients
- Active Herefordshire and Worcestershire outlined the success of their collaboration with their local Age UKs
100% of delegates who responded to the post event survey told us that the webinar met their expectations.
A recording of the webinar can be viewed here