To help families stay on track during the Covid-19 UK lockdown, Sport Birmingham have created a free resource that links to the curriculum and enables families to earn sports equipment for their primary school by being active at home.
Here's how it works:
5 simple steps:
1) Download the free resources; both interactive (online) and printable versions.
2) Do 15 minutes of Physical Activity with your child at home.
- Anything that elevates your child's heart rate through movement counts. Here are some great ideas if you get stuck.
- We will continue to update this section of our website so that you will never run out of ways to be active.
3) Mark the relevant day on the Commonwealth Map with a cross; simply click on the circle if you're using the online version.
4) At each of the 'milestone countries' listed on the map, read the facts and complete the questions in your Commonwealth Passport to progress to the next country.
5) Show your completed map to your class teacher when you return.
If more than 50% of families at your child's school completes all 50 days on the virtual journey, Sport Birmingham will buy the school some sports equipment of their choice.
For more information about the resource please contact Sam.Payne@sportbirmingham.org