In 2014 England Athletics (EA) approached Herts Sports Partnership as NGB had identified county as one of potential growth.
Herts Sport and EA looked at current position identifying pinch points, and opportunities for growth within current system.
Outcomes of work
- 8 parkruns established, 3 within walking distance of most deprived wards
- 29% of people participating in parkruns previously classified as inactive
- 39% increase in recreation running groups
- 45 Moving mums projects established
- 5 mile road series established
- clearly defined pathway between recreation running, competitive opportunities and club
- 64 run leaders qualified
- Highly satisfied funding partners
- Enhanced reputation of CSPs as a connector, conduit for funding, facilitator and innovator