On Wednesday 7th July, we saw our National Live Longer Better Revolution continuing to gather pace, as we provided our fourth National Event: ‘Live Longer Better: The Great Escape’. The programme included some excellent speakers as always, including Sir Muir Gray, providing us with a hugely interesting and insightful information to help increase our knowledge, understanding and some key ‘take home messages’ for us all, to support our communities to ultimately empower them to Live Longer Better. The speakers and content included:
- Sir Muir Gray – Live Longer Better: The Great escape
- An update from Age UK on their latest research which highlights ‘The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on older people: one year on’
- The Chartered Society of Physiotherpy shared insight around effective strength messaging for inactive and fairly active people living with long-term conditions from CSP
- How the EFL Trust is promoting connections and building a social community of people in their retirement years.
- Enhancing physical, mental and emotional wellbeing in older people through the Oomph programme
Over 231 people attended the webinar with many more requesting copies of the slides and the recording, as they were unable to attend the webinar on the day. Of those who did attend, 96% of delegates told us that the webinar met their expectations. The delegates were from a variety of sectors, reflecting how supporting active ageing impacts across sectors and therefore, by working cohesively together, we can be united in our mission to drive on the Live Longer Better revolution!
To a recording of the webinar can be viewed here